Life as I see it over the years ...

A collection of some of the poems I wrote over the years.

Over the years I have written a few poems or just a collection of my thought. I had always wanted to one day publish them as a book but with life catching up to me I never got around to writting much after I started working. Well, with the internet and Blogs, I can finally have part of my dream come thru and maybe a small audience (that includes YOU) may be able to read and just give me a comment or two on when you think about what I have written. I do thank you for visiting this little blog of mine ...

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Will you love only me?

I am but a fool, to love and not be loved.

Like a huge wave from out in the pacific,

Slowly gathering, slowly rising to from small white stars at the rocks

My love is slowly growing, slowly building – only to crash

Into the rocks as I hear you say you loved another.

I gave my whole self to you and all I ask was for you to love me back.

Yes, you say you do. Yes, you admit that you love me …

But not fully.

Alas, my heart is broken and yet I cannot speak

For fear you might walk away and go to the other

My heart is broken but I cannot cry,

For you will think me soft and walk away forever.

I really am sad and burn up inside when you try to hide from me

Parties with friends or just a casual outing –

Soon links will form and you will love yet another.

I know in loving you I should let you loose,

I know in loving you I should let you choose

But it hurt so much, it leaves a scar

I only hope that you would tell, one day

(I only hope not too far away)

That you love me – and only me.

Do you love me? Will you love me forever?

Will you give your love to me and me alone?

I wonder …

A man can only pray,

A man can only hope,

A man can only wait … forever?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home